Welcome to the 2019-20 school year! The Powhatan Elementary School staff is looking forward to meeting and reconnecting with all of our students on the first day of school, Tuesday, September 3rd. This year our school day begins at 8:35 A.M and ends at 3:25 P.M.
Powhatan Elementary School staff members are dedicated to meeting the educational needs of all our students. We believe that every student deserves to receive the best education possible, and we commit ourselves to attend to the academic, social and emotional needs of every student.
We look forward to building a productive partnership with you to ensure the children will achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need positive adult support when at home and at school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers.
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject.
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college.
The Powhatan Elementary Staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.
Main School Phone Number: 804-598-5730
School Fax Number: 804-598-1484
Attendance Phone Number: 804-598-3929
Clinic Phone Number: 804-598-1302
Location: 4111 Old Buckingham Road, Powhatan VA 23139
Google Maps for Powhatan Elementary linked here
Additional School Contacts
Secretary/Registrar: Cindy Pruitt
Guidance Counselor: Peggy Jenkins
School Resource Officer: Deputy Tim Wright
PTO President: Nancy Dittman